Thread poster: AnetteLHG
AnetteLHG
AnetteLHG
Norway
Local time: 11:29
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Oct 23

I use CafeTran for mqxls as I use Mac, but I have encountered a segmetation problem. When the file is imported to CafeTran, the segments are not the same as in MemoQ. I was asked to fix an issue in some 30+ segment, but I only had 20+ in CafeTran. I have never had any complaints when I have delivered the files, so it doesn't look like CafeTran actually merge segments even though I have fewer when I open the file. Does anyone know how I can solve this? I would like to make sure that the segments ... See more
I use CafeTran for mqxls as I use Mac, but I have encountered a segmetation problem. When the file is imported to CafeTran, the segments are not the same as in MemoQ. I was asked to fix an issue in some 30+ segment, but I only had 20+ in CafeTran. I have never had any complaints when I have delivered the files, so it doesn't look like CafeTran actually merge segments even though I have fewer when I open the file. Does anyone know how I can solve this? I would like to make sure that the segments are the same so when the client gives a character limit for certain segments, I know I'm looking at the correct one.Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Create a ticket Oct 24

Before we speculate about the cause, it’s best you create a support ticket at https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/tickets

AnetteLHG

AnetteLHG
AnetteLHG
Norway
Local time: 11:29
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ticket created Oct 24

Thank you. I thought it was something I might could fix in settings, but I have submitted a ticket.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ segmentation in CafeTran

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »