Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:38
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Aug 26

Hello

I'm doing a revision in Wordbee. The client asked me to please double-check all fuzzy matched segments. The problem is that I can't seem to find any way to filter segments that had a fuzzy match. The client is able to view statistics and then there is apparently the option to click the "fuzzy match" collection of segments, but that view is not available to me as a translator/reviewer.

When exporting the segments in Excel, I can include a column that shows the pr
... See more
Hello

I'm doing a revision in Wordbee. The client asked me to please double-check all fuzzy matched segments. The problem is that I can't seem to find any way to filter segments that had a fuzzy match. The client is able to view statistics and then there is apparently the option to click the "fuzzy match" collection of segments, but that view is not available to me as a translator/reviewer.

When exporting the segments in Excel, I can include a column that shows the previous translation, which means that I can see which segments were not edited. This does help, somewhat, but the unedited segments also include machine translated segments, and it won't help me discover a fuzzy matched segment that was edited incorrectly.

Any ideas?
Samuel
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Processing the export Aug 26

I suppose if I was really, really, really good at writing VB macros I could have written something that would work on the Word export. With the Word export, you can choose to include matches from the TM. So, if the source text of a segment is different from the source text of the highest match, then it would have been a fuzzy match. In the image below, segment 1 is a fuzzy match and segment 2 is a 100% match. I could then harvest the segments that were "fuzzy" and double-check if their curre... See more
I suppose if I was really, really, really good at writing VB macros I could have written something that would work on the Word export. With the Word export, you can choose to include matches from the TM. So, if the source text of a segment is different from the source text of the highest match, then it would have been a fuzzy match. In the image below, segment 1 is a fuzzy match and segment 2 is a 100% match. I could then harvest the segments that were "fuzzy" and double-check if their current translations.

Capture-1

Surely there is an easier way?

Added: You can also add the match column in the Excel export, which is easier to script, but it's still a lot of work, just to identify which segments used to be fuzzy matches.

[Edited at 2024-08-26 09:18 GMT]
Collapse

Bahar Demirci
Bahar Demirci
Türkiye
yes it is possible Aug 26

you can see the fuzzy matches on the "review" tab.
go to "all segments"
click on down arrow.
choose the "fuzzy matches"
you will be able to see all of them at once..

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Bahar Aug 26

Bahar Demirci wrote:
You can see the fuzzy matches on the "review" tab.

Where can I find the Review tab? I don't see any tabs.

I have menus:

menus

I have "Translation Finder" and "Timeline" tabs, each with subtabs:

tr finder tab

timeline tab

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Use a preset filter Aug 27

Hi Samuel,

Is this what you are looking for?

2024-08-27_11-23-11

Best,
John

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@John Aug 28

Yes, thanks, that appears to be it. Also cool that when I export files, the export contains only the filtered segments. Very handy.

[Edited at 2024-08-28 07:39 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordbee: how to see fuzzy match segments

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »